The Kerala Coir Workers Welfare Fund Board in association with CHIAK (Comprehensive Health Insurance Agency of Kerala) under Labour and their family Rehabilitation Department is implementing a comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme for protecting the health of all coir workers.
II The Scheme
(1) begins its coverage from 1.4.2010 Intends to provide medical treatment free of cost in selected Government, ESI, Co-Operative, private hospitals for a maximum amount of Rs. 30,000/-per anum for a maximum of 5 members in a family
(2) In the event of accidental death of the family guardian, an amount of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty thousand Only) will be paid to the spouse / legal heirs.
(3) There is no age limit to enroll in the scheme. Coir workers suffering from any disease can also enroll in the scheme.
(4) Service of selected 165 Government, ESI, Co-Operative, Private hospitals can be availed under the scheme
(5) To and fro Traveling expenditure for treatment limited to maximum of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) will be given from the hospital at a time subject to a maximum of Rs. 1000/-(Rupees One Thousand Only) per num.
(6) After enrolment in the scheme a unique identity card viz ‘smart card' will be issued to the member of the scheme (coir worker) after imprinting their finger prints & photo on the card. This card shall be utilized for the cashless treatment at the hospitals.
(7) The premia on behalf of the beneficiaries will be paid by the Government of Kerala. A petty amount of Rs. 30/- only for a family need be paid by a coir worker for getting registration and smart card.
(8) A maximum of 5 members of a family are eligible for enrolment.
(9) Kerala Coir Workers Welfare Fund Board is an intervening as a nodal agency in this scheme.
Source of finance
75% of the expenditure will be borne by Government of India under ‘Rashtriya Swastya Beema Yochana' (RSBY) and balance 25% along with administrative expenditure be provided by Government of Kerala.
This is an annual premia scheme which has to be renewed during march every year for extending the coverage to the next financial year.
Procedure for enrolment
All member coir workers should submit photocopies of pages 1 & 2 of their ration card and that of the pass book and pensioners should submit photocopies of Pension card and 1&2 pages of their ration card to the concerned Regional / District / Sub Offices of th Board on or before 31.3.2010.